All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:27 pm 

I think I'm finally hanging up my gloves on deal dash and perhaps penny auctions all together. It used to be fairly easy to win but with all the cheating and competition - enough is enough!

If anyone is ever thinking about quiting or joining penny auctions I would strongly recommend finding something else. If you're ok with losing your money - then penny auctions is for you!

I've been doing penny auctions for almost 2 years and was the top two of three winningest names on BigDeal.com. I also did very well on Deal Dash. But if you record it all on paper the truth of the matter is no one wants to pay for what you won it on. On top of that you will pay eBay, Amazon, Google, and or Website hosting fees and shipping. You can't win even when you do win.

Don't let the "Retail Won" stats fool you into thinking someone has made that much money on penny auctions. I guarantee no one has even a 1/8 the amount of money this site says they've won in their bank.

If that we're true, me and my wife would have $100,000 by now. The truth of the matter is we don't even break even and it's a loss every time - even if we do win. Prices are inflated so much on penny auction sites that you will always lose. The only winners are people who cheat.

The only thing I would care to share that I won is a stomach ulcer, gambling addiction, fights with my wife, lost time with my family and lots of lost sleep.

My advise: Save your money. These sites and cheaters who colllaborate will take your money. It's really another form of gambling if you ask me.

Bid-Zilla

PS what ever happened to Charrua, malevo and alwaysretail? Do these guys die of a heartattack? I guarantee if you are weak of heart this stuff will eventually kill you! I've had to go to the emergency room a few times and I'm only in my 30's and am an athlete.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:18 pm 

I'm beginning to agree--profit is actually minimal--and I would never have just gone out and bought all this stuff. I have found that I have to use BIN on $200 Walmart cards especially. Since I grocery shop there and get gas and cigarettes there I don't lose t, but why bother?
Thanks for your post. :?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:41 am 
APA Moderator

cheating....what is this cheating issue that you are complaining about? i have never had a problem with Dealdash?

retail prices- yes dealdash.com has terrible retail prices. But what is stopping you from looking up the actual price that these items are listing for on ebay.com.... only thing that is actual at retail cost on Dealdash.com are the giftcard items, but all of them have bids tacked onto the end of the auction....

i have never run into any problems with cheaters on dealdash. it is one of the top 10 most visited sites per day, so it is obviously going to be a lotter harder to win due to the volume of people that bid on this site.

yes profit is minimal, but you have to bid at off hours at the day/night. you have to know who your bidding against and when to bid on certain items. i have profited 5,766.96 dollars from dealdash, yet my true profit is probably 1.5k-2k after using BIN, and losing a small fee each time i use BIN.

craigslist.com----pay no fees to sell items.

tell your co-workers about your winnings and they might buy some of your items.

ebay.com- i sold one amazon card to ebay user for 10percent off...then she/he contacted me back to see if i had any more.. i told her i had a couple thousand...now every time i get an amazon card i email her and she buys it for 10 percent off, so i dont have to pay any fees via ebay, i just look 10 percent fee and small fee via paypal.

do these and they MAY save you some money. please let me know what the cheating situation is that you believe is going on at dealdash.com, as i would like to know, as i bid regularly on there. thanks and good luck in the future...ohhh ps, its always nice to take a couple days off from bidding to spend time with the family

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:24 pm 

I know you can bid on gift cards. I've done it many times. But the chances of over winning a gift card is slim. You basically end up paying full price on the gift card and pay for bids which won't ever be credited cash for. What usually happens is you'll accumulate bids. Because Deal Dash has no max limit on the number of bids you can place, those bids are worthless especially when there are ruthless bidders or fake second accounts out there. I've seen some people bid incredibly high amounts of bids just to force a second person to go over. (Unless you're stupid like ************* - who must win at all cost. notice she don't ever bid and just comes in every so often? Perhaps because she dont have money to continue bidding?) The thing is how does this person know he won't win the auction? That's where cheating I think comes in.... The only way I'm able to fund my bids is because I'm a well to do Web Developer HHEHEHE

On Deal Dash you can bid and get your bids back if you lose the auction. You can cheat by opening up another account and have that account prevent you from winning - thus allowing you to BIN and get your bids back (I haven't done this but I know it's possible because I'm technically superior :D ).

Night time? I don't think so. People are just as desperate at night and weekends as any other times. Expecially on DealDash where you can just set it and forget it. Problem is you won't forget it while you sleep because you'll be bothered with the question of whether you won. :oops: Then when u have to work you feel like :oops:

Craigslist... my response to that is "You gotta be kidding me. Craigslist people are cheap asses - LOL"

My other advise. I wouldn't be scared of some of the full time bidders. They need to eat just like everyone else. If they're doing this full time and ain't winning - it's only a matter of time till they go bankrupt. Some people pretend to be rich. I guarantee rich people aren't on here wasting their precious time for peanuts. And if they're a student, even better because you know they don't have money. In the end, we all lose.

BTW my name isn't Bid-Zilla on Deal Dash - It's IWIN_OR_YOUPAY

PS. ANyone want to buy a $225 tent that you can get at Walmart for $50. Or what about a $550 laptop that you can get for $250. Or a $50 gift card for $20? .. get the point?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:14 pm 
APA Moderator

good luck with what ever route you choose. :D

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:59 am 

Bid-Zilla, I used to bid on Bigdeal for about a year. My username was "Moderator" and they later made me change my name. "BC1" was the temporary username they gave me and I ended up using that name since. I recognize your name and I think we had similar tastes at times. I had around $28,000 in wins, but never got ahead. I lost a lot at first bidding with the never give up until BIN method. I tried a bunch of strategies but never recouped my losses after a year there. The 30 second timer also wasted a lot of my time. I started up at Quibids bidding like crazy and after several months I got no where. I go by pennywiser on Dealdash and I started bidding totally different on that site earlier this year. I went the forget about reputation route. I was not going to bid like crazy on every auction to build a reputation. Reputation can be expensive and it works well on small sites with no BIN but it's less effective on bigger sites that constantly have new sign ups that don't know anyone.

Dealdash is the first site that I have been able to do well on. They way I see it, the only way to do well is to get cheap wins and a decent amount of them. I'm talking about the 90% off or better wins. On Dealdash I usually bid at the start and usually before the item gets to 25 cents I evaluate my chances of getting a cheap win. If I have a good feeling about it I will go for it, all in if needed. If it looks like its going to be crazy I won't waste my time and I'm only out a few bids. Things don't always work out as planned of course but I've done pretty well this way. I have won several TV's, laptops, game systems etc. for under $2.00 (not including bids obviously) most of them were under $1.00. The past month and a half have been tough since the site has had a massive influx of new bidders and the dreaded bid pack specials to boot, but I'm sure it will calm down like it has before.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:06 am 
APA Moderator

yeah i stick to about the same strategy, i am just slightly ahead. i have bought all the bid specials and i am waiting until it dies down. and definitely waiting until after this free shipping special is done with. biggest thing is knowing your competition

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:47 am 

I know almost all major names on both sites and recognize both your names. I guess I'll just hold off on bidding until things settle down. I have a feeling since BigDeal is about to go under (because they seemed to lose momentum) that this is where a lot of the people are coming from. Maybe I'll be back. Until then I have hundreds of dollars of inventory to sell. Good luck to both of you. :P

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:19 pm 

Good luck to you too!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:39 pm 
APA Moderator

good luck!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:17 am 

You jerk! I just lost to I win... You pay just the other day! I will go further and say night time is not the time to bid, all the sleep deprived crazies are on then and I have seen more questionable things than in the daytime. I am new to this and think I missed the "glory days" Yesterday I tracked down a guy who cost me a couple hundred bucks bidding up an item "just for fun" and he was a 16 year old hacker. Don't know if that's how he does it, but I see him winning daily. Like the 70s, I showed up to penny auctions just a little too late to enjoy it fully. Good Luck out there Bidzilla!
Image- El Borbah

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:40 pm 

The bidder on DealDash bidding under realBRUIZER is a fake, I am the real bruizer. I have had an account at DD for years , I bid under bruizer, I haven't been active for a long time. I would like DD to please have this bidder remove the Bio they have posted. They are using my stats / info and commenting fraud against other user by impersonating me good bidding name........Thank You, bruizer...( My profile on APA is realBRUIZER)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:43 pm 

The bidder on DealDash bidding under realBRUIZER is a fake, I am the real bruizer. I have had an account at DD for years , I bid under bruizer, I haven't been active for a long time. I would like DD to please have this bidder remove the Bio they have posted. They are using my stats / info and commenting fraud against other user by impersonating me good bidding name........Thank You, bruizer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:59 pm 

Real Bruizer The bidder on DealDash bidding under realBRUIZER is a fake, I am the real bruizer. I have had an account at DD for years , I bid under bruizer, I haven't been active for a long time. I would like DD to please have this bidder remove the Bio they have posted. They are using my stats / info and committing fraud against other user by impersonating my good bidding name........Thank You bruizer