All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Deal Dash
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:57 pm 

ok, first let me apologize if I did jump, at first I was clueless (last august, when I discovered penny auctions), then my german temper got the best of me around xmas I think. I learned alot reading the forums, followed the advice about tag and defend, and did ok for a small to medium bidder...then after winning a few moderately priced items I got jumped...and jumped..so I jumped back. Not proud of it, and happy to say I did not do much better then before. Back to tag and defend...maybe taking a break in the middle, then coming back in...
Does it happen to anyone else that after you win a few items, priced 300 to 700$, you cannot win squat for a few weeks or even months? I had this happen twice, not only on DD...Won 22 auctions on quibids, and now cannot even win a lousy 25 bids. Seems like everyone is dropping tons of bids on DD, it is useless even trying for a computer. You got your bigtime bidders hogging those, and frankly I don't see the point of dropping 4000 bids on a 799$ computer...is it ego? resale? Even small items go at a ridiculous price.
And people now brag about jumping...check out winner's page with guy posting pic and saying "I finally won big, and only 6 bids"...well, I got jumped enough, getting tired of DD. Any thoughts?

Post subject: Re: Deal Dash
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:27 pm 

6 views and no opinions...come on guys, let's have it....marion

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:37 pm 
APA Moderator

on the big sites like this...its almost impossible to come out ahead if you tag and defend. i recently joined quibids last week and i will tag and defend certain price range items and will jump certain items at certain prices. and a mix of both seems to be working well for me on quibids, but your always gonna run into jumpers...best thing to do is just run em to you hit BIN, write their name down and get em back!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:42 pm 

yeah, I hear you..just don't like jumping...am at a loss otherwise though. quibids has not given anything back after my initial wins, so am reluctant. tagged a turkey fryer this am and got burned..not sure what is going on, must be tax returns..people got too much money to burn

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:10 pm 

and thanks for your reply...prob gonna rest for awhile, seems like if you can't win burnout is right around the corner. either you get upset and waste bids, or u just hang tight for awhile. just curious how everyone else is doing (excluding kellyinthesky fulldamage, gsobuckeye and others..where do you get them bids from??? do you eat??? talking to a critcal care nurse doing life support who makes a pretty decent living...). take care hon

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:22 am 

You are brave to bid on there between all the bidders running software and the pb's who buy 20 t0 30 thousand bids at the time with all the promo most of them are paying about 21 cents per bid Tan n Defend only works on DD if your in there lil click then its just you against the newb's and jumpers

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:04 am 

deal dash is the site i do best on, it requires alot of research, and having APA run at the same time. I does seem to happen in cycles, though, which I find somewhat strange...I think you really need to take into account their specials, which run frequently, and then have the discipline to hold off for a week until everyone spent their cheap bids (discipline, where are you???). I got some rather stellar deals, and wasted alot of bids as well, but overall did fine. On the bright side, their shipping is great. Not sure where else to play, quibids and bidrivals is not working at all lately, and got jumped twice on beezid last night. There are interesting posts about Bidcactus, and how many bids some fools spend. To me it is not the power bidders which are an issue...at least they start at the beginning, and you know what you got...it is the newbies that jump really late, and are so unpredictable.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:33 am 

LOL Yes it takes discipline to let all those newb's waste there bids on BC its always been that way on BC the stamper against the newb if the other stampers respect you just let them fight amongest themselves and fight the one that left auto bidder has just made it worse

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:23 am 

I think you got the best advice, always tag and defend because you jump against the wrong bidder believe you go on their list; and just like me when I'm jumped, I will make sure when I see you I will not let you win. I will make it a point to make you waste your bids so that the message is felt. They are a few jumpers on Deal Dash knows exactly what they are doing and then they are those that are new that doesn't know any better. Its easy though to get them to know when they've jumped you. Believe me, after a while you will have earned their respect as well as the power-bidders as well.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:40 pm 

good advice, james, and thank you. I have been doing tag and defend, not getting anywhere lately, but that is just part of the game.
As a sidenote, and more seriously, I was on a lot lately just watching, and knew exactly which power bidders where at their limit, since I am shooting for a computer. Here is my surprise...PB A, a female, won 3 items over 200$ since sunday...I thought great, one out of the picture. Her avatar showed 3/3 yesterday. As of today, she is 0/3, and bidding actively on 3 over 200$ items. I sent DD an email questioning that today.
Then I go on today again, and see PB 2, he won 3 items over 200$ since 2/20, his avatar shows 1/3, and yes, he is bidding on several items. Again, I sent DD a note. Apparently win limits are not suspended, first, it does not say so in their special promo they are running right now, second, my 2/6 are sure still in place.
What the ...?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:16 am 

heard back from DD, according to Dave, people's win limits reset on the day of when they signed up. according to their site, everyone's limits reset on friday night at midnight. huh, what to think. I did recheck those two's records, and they are over as of saturday, noon.
you figure it out, I about had it. seems like strange things are going on. marion

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:27 am 

heard back from Dave from DD, according to him, win limits reset with the day of the week that you signed up at. Their website states Friday night at midnight. I am not sure what to think right now, getting upset...I mean, really???? mine are still in effect, and always changed friday night.
It might be time to give this a rest, focus on school and work, and let it go..for me. But I wanted to let the rest of the community know. take care, marion

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:04 am 

I cannot access bid buddy or even space bar for one bid. guess I am done on dealdash.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:18 pm 

sunniken, I will confirm to you that I joined on a Sunday and that's when my stats reset. I also share your frustration

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:45 am 

It sounds like you were doing a little bit too good for them, or their system is malfunctioning because it happens to me and my win slots actually turns red and I wasn't able to bid for two weeks. I don't even complain anymore because I know that they are unscrupulous and are only in it for the money by any means necessary even at the cost of others.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:45 am 

I am not sure when I joined. After some thought, it does make sense that win limits reset for everyone on the day that they joined. I have not tried being on for several days, it did work again after my last post, I used up my last bids and left it at that
DD always shipped promptly, and I still got a camera and two PS3 games I am waiting for, still says fullfilling shipment. Maybe just running late. I don't want to ruin DD for everyone else, but thougt I would share my experience.
It's been...interesting. Like any other business, I think they cater to big spenders..smile, living in Vegas, we know what the big players get in terms of comps. Maybe it is the same way with penny auctions, maybe not. I miss DD, but am still planning on holding off for a while...just sitting back, and watching off and on. Good luck to all of you, and thanks for the kind words. Sunniken

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:41 pm 

I won four small bid packs in the first week. Now the free item .20 bid promotion's going and it's crazy. Getting jumped is the norm. And, bids numbers for an item are ridiculous. Went on one today which retailed for $60, had 300+ bids so felt sure I could win, and or reach the BIN with enough value.
My bid bar wouldn't function some of the time. When someone jumps later, I trigger bid them a few times to either drive them out, or let them know I'm not happy. But, could not get the bid bar to work most of the time. Then I was running out of bids, and I was heads up. The bidbuddy would not cancel, so I could put more bids in. Then it cancelled, I hit the bid bar but nothing happened, would not enter a bid for me. In the end I lost the auction.
Is this normal on DD? If so, I need to look elsewhere.
Input?????

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:08 pm 

Well as for the reset of win limits it does work majority of the time. I know that I'm at my limit and mine resets every Tuesday @1:00am so that means for me it resets @10:00pm Monday night for I'm in California. I've only had one problem with it when there system was on the glitch.

It's good to sometimes take a break from a site like Deal dash because they run so many promotions in which a lot of bidders including myself stock up on bids. I try to don't get caught up in the craziness. The only time I do is to pay back jumpers who has cost me money because I know they've spent money on the promotion so I remind them that I haven't forgotten when they jumped me and cost me so know that I'm paying you back, which I've done to some in this past promotion but I have to now wait until my limit reset to finish paying them back. They are a lot of new bidders the I recognize from other sites so let's see how they bid on deal dash. James0908

Sunniken how is it that you know when pb is @ the bids limit? There was once a way you could know but deal dash made sure to fix that bug.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:33 am 

Sunniken or James0908

As a new player on Dealdash and listening to all the complaints about jumpers, I have a question. In order not to step on peoples toes, when is it considered too late to enter an auction?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:06 pm 

I generally don't enter an auction after 20 bids if I am serious about it. As a rule, I also don't enter a bid pack after 10% of it's value, if that...meaning I leave 300 bids alone after 3$, 600 bids after 6$, and so on...all depends who I see on, though. After getting jumped by a pb 200 or so bids into a camera, I did jump him at 2 in the morning after he was 400 bids into a 600 bids pack, and yes, did win with 73 bids...sweet. Like I said though, it seems like rules are flying out the window on DD, so not sure what to tell you. You are likely not to win much if you play by the rules, and I have lost plenty of money lately sticking by my rules. Hence the break.
As to how I can tell where power bidders are at..well, I watch a lot, plus if you look up their name on here it will tell you exactly what they won when, as compared to what their avatar says on DD.
I have had issues with bidding when they run a promo...lucky for me I was on bid buddy around thanksgiving, their system lagged and at times came to a standstill..I won a roomba vaccuum cheap, seems like nobody else could place a bid, or waited for the clock to continue. I have had occasional issues during an auction when they were busy, and learned to set bidbuddy for that reason beforehand...and I mean way before. that always worked fine for me, and I never had problems cancelling it. with their constant promos going on I would guess their server is overloaded.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:24 pm 

Its very dependent on the auction itself and the individuals involved. Sunniken gave her example as to when she doesn't, but that can differ as well. Using her example of 20 bids. There can be 10 different bidders who has used only 2 bids so I wouldn't consider that jumping but it would be different if it was a 40 bid pack and everyone that's bidding has bidding 20 bid a piece. Right now I'm in a 600 bid pack auction where I was 100 bids into with three other bidders and sure enough here comes someone looking to pick up an easy win at others expense. This is where you need to be careful about who are the players that are involved because any one of them will make sure that you remember what you tried to do if you stay in for the long haul. There are a few names that I have now written down and I will make it a point that they know it wasn't appreciated. I make it a point so that they know the same way they made me lose money that they will. So it take some discernment on your part as well because there are others that jump that don't mind at all. Right now there are bidders calling me out because I've made it a point to know let them win because of them jumping me in my auctions when I'm deep into it. Now I'm 400 deep into it and they are trying to see my resolve. I will make it a point to make them waste their bids and spend more money for their inconsideration to myself who has invested a lot into. Now I'm 400 into it and they are trying to test my resolve.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:45 pm 

good for you, and I agree with what you say. Looked up the auction you talked about, and sure enough, if it isn't someone who came in late, and should know better. I've been up against him before myself, and really, really want you to get the better of him, if only to teach him not to jump in so late. Best of luck to you, Sunniken

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:24 pm 

I just did and believe he will think twice about doing it to me again. If not, he better be prepared to spend some bids because this past auction promotion I have quite a bit saved to use when all this hoopla dies down.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:39 pm 

yep, just looked up the auction, and you did...doing a little dance. And mental note to self, stay out of auctions james is in, since he is obviously loaded with bids, esp. after winning the 600 one....

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:07 pm 

I don't do it to intimidate, I do it to prove a point about the unwritten rules of auctions. I learned it to the hard way, but I learned. I don't have a problem going against people who come in fairly. Its the ones that jump me when I've invested into an auction and tries to steal your hard fight.

Don't get me wrong there are PB that don't care and go after everything, so unless you have the ammo just leave it for another one will come up. Hence the limit on that item. The other PB that knows and will respect you and you will have your opportunity.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:32 pm 

Thanks for the insight. I was introduced to DD this past Christmas by my son inlaw and now the wife wants me to try and pick up things for the kids and grandkids. I'm not looking to be a reseller or even a PB for that matter, but neither do I want to remain blind and waste my time and money. A good understanding of the "unwritten" rules as James described them, not make enemies, and a fair chance is all I want.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:07 pm 

It not a problem. Remember there is nothing wrong with jumping in and out of an auction just as long as you were there when it started, you can come back at anytime. That is what some of the smart PB do, like Kellyinthesky and OKKAMS. Even they don't like to waste unnecessary bids.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:33 pm 

then all I can say is, James is right in what he says. Do pick your auctions carefully, get in at the beginning, and like him, see it thru til the end...you may lose a time or two, but gain respect, and it will be easier after. Stay offlline while they have their specials, everyone is just wasting bids. Personally, I always though weds and thursday nights ran best, again, check it out. Let me know how it works for you. Marion

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:30 am 

MasterTerry,
a nintendo ds for 26..something$, with 48 bids. really. you may want to be careful around me, actually very careful...see some people where 300, or close to 400 bids into that one, can't imagine they are thinking too kindly of you. Sunniken

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:41 am 

Sunniken,

In all fairness to me, it was actually 101 bids. I tagged that auction at the beginning and waited.

From my bid history on DD ... Nintendo 3DS - Flame Red 101 02/26/2012 - 12:57 am You won!

That's why I'm reaching out here. Not trying to agitate people. I too have lost auctions when people jump in late. Was that considered a non-respectful strategy?

terry

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:42 am 

MasterTerry,

That was masterfully played as well. There is nothing wrong with tagging in the beginning and waiting, just as long as you did. As I said before that is what alot of the smart power bidders do. They see in the beginning how many people is involved to see if they want to go all in the beginning and depending on the environment at that time they may leave, but come back later. The key is that they check in and out throughout so that others know that they are involved and at the same time conserve their bids.

When you see them staying there from the beginning sometimes its paying back someone, proving a point, or knowing that the people involved at that time they know they can win out easily. You have to remember you have to study your opponents, having a source like the APA you must use it and study it and by doing so you will be a lot more successful.

I have just added "justonce: to my list now so he now has notice and let the bids fall where they may even though it was my bad because I left my bid buddy on and left for my service meeting. That won't happen again.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:41 am 

Master Terrry,

That was a good try on the 300 bid pack, I thought you would have won it. I just locked in some bids and went to sleep, but I see that they were several jumpers that came and messed it up. For me it was just a matter of burning a few jumpers bids like Gabriela and Cherw6 for jumping me in my auctions. You wouldn't see them as much looking to mess with you too many times if you had won. I have quite of bit of bids to burn and right now for me its burning their bids and to make sure that they don't win anything.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:07 am 

James0908,

Thanks ! Yeah, wasn't a good night. I have this natural aversion to spending more than something is worth and I don't have your war chest so I bailed out. Way to many late jumpers so I can understand how you feel. Think I'm going to follow the advice that I give to my students......You don't defeat an opponent by attacking his strengths....you exploit his weaknesses.

Crawling off to lick my wounds,

terry

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:43 am 

MasterTerry,

Still, all in all you put up a good fight. You have to remember also that many pb spend over what the items is worth and many bidders see that, but in the same context many of those same pbs win alot more auctions with far less bids because of it. Many will test your resolve and when they see they will think twice about wasting their bids against you. I wish now I didn't go to sleep.

I thought you were going to come in and out throughout as oppose to being locked in. No one could get mad at you for doing that because you were there in the beginning and that's all that matters. Remember a jumpers weakness is because they are afraid to lose their bids. They lose enough of them against you, they will soon start to talk about you. Still all in all a good one. Stack your bids when they have promotions and just sit on them for a couple of weeks.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:51 pm 

MasterTerry, in that case I apologize, APA shows 48 bids. As to being there early, and then coming back, I have done that. I will use 100 bids, come back in the middle for a while, and then towards what I consider the end. The end seems to get more and more elusive, though.... :D
Anyhow, seems like you are doing well, good for you, and no hard feelings on my part. Sunniken

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:07 pm 

Sunniken,

No harm no foul :D

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:10 am 

james, just a wink to say hi..good luck on that 300 bid pack..smile. sunniken

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:21 am 

sunniken wrote:
james, just a wink to say hi..good luck on that 300 bid pack..smile. sunniken

Thanks Sunniken,

I have a score to settle bigbear4060, she has jumped me three times before so now my chance to have her waste some bids and money. Since this is my last auction I'm allowed to bid on until two weeks from now when deal dash reset my monthly limit, but I'm fortunate to have another jumper on my list (godblessall17) join. Two birds with one stone.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:39 am 

yep watching it..gonna be costly for you, but def see your point. and our little religious lady got in really late..bless her heart..or not. god may not come to her rescue :D

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:51 am 

why do you have a monthly limit on DD, thought it was weekly? and you"re getting up there, can I throw a couple of bids? haha, she may disappear...I'd be willing to waste 40, no collusion intented, just playing the middle for a while, not planning on winning

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:02 am 

sunniken wrote:
why do you have a monthly limit on DD, thought it was weekly? and you"re getting up there, can I throw a couple of bids? haha, she may disappear...I'd be willing to waste 40, no collusion intented, just playing the middle for a while, not planning on winning

Yes they have monthly limit that they now enforce when they want to. I won't be able to bid on another auction for two weeks because i've passed it. They usually enforce when they get complaints from other bidders. It's cool though because I've bought few more bids from this promotion that I'm going to sit on for about a month if they're no other promotions. It's up to you if you want to partake, I locked in 1000 just for jumpers and if I need to put in more I will. She will pay.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:03 am 

oh boy..a tough one. heading off to bed, can't wait to see results in the morning. sunniken

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:54 am 

sunniken wrote:
oh boy..a tough one. heading off to bed, can't wait to see results in the morning. sunniken

Good win Sunniken against a few jumpers in fact. Let's see how they like that.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:07 am 

Probably not very well, and good for you. got the 300 after yours for 10 bids :D . Felt kinda bad, but started bidding at 2.28(still ok to join, I think, did not catch it until after I got up), set bid buddy, took shower, and had a nice surprise. Got a few good deals that day, so productive overall.
They got that ladies deal running right now, with auctions only for ladies as I gather...surprised how many use male names. I suppose it is meant to intimidate, fun to watch and learn. What the ... are you gonna do for 2 weeks without bidding...lol?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:21 pm 

People may have their hotlist, I got jumped this morning and let it go after fff...someone, and he left, period, good. But this evening, god help me, a couple taunted me after I tagged, and kept on it taunting me. Enough said, time to spend some bids

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:45 pm 

sunniken wrote:
Probably not very well, and good for you. got the 300 after yours for 10 bids :D . Felt kinda bad, but started bidding at 2.28(still ok to join, I think, did not catch it until after I got up), set bid buddy, took shower, and had a nice surprise. Got a few good deals that day, so productive overall.
They got that ladies deal running right now, with auctions only for ladies as I gather...surprised how many use male names. I suppose it is meant to intimidate, fun to watch and learn. What the ... are you gonna do for 2 weeks without bidding...lol?

Well, I'm looking at another site that I'm trying to research but it's no biggie not being able to bid. At least I was able to add another 5k in bids with this promotions. Right now for me it's just a payback mission before I start going after items I want again. I see you've had a couple of good wins. Way to go.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:48 pm 

sunniken wrote:
People may have their hotlist, I got jumped this morning and let it go after fff...someone, and he left, period, good. But this evening, god help me, a couple taunted me after I tagged, and kept on it taunting me. Enough said, time to spend some bids

Stand your ground and always do your research to see who you are up against so you know you're dealing with. Good research always saves you headaches.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:00 pm 

This promotion I think Deal Dash actually lost some money. I've seen too many products sold before they actually broke even on the product. Even though a few they made money on there were a quite a bit more that they didn't. This may be the last of the promotions for a little bit as they try to do something about these losses.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:21 pm 

i don"t know..am knee deep into a 600 bid pack, and not happy. and someone is going down, and if it is the last thing i do. smile. got a big birthday coming up, got a suite at the bellagio, and intend to waste my money there...still, don't f... with me while i play, i dont step on your toes, don't step on mine...and we know who stepped where. sigh, so much for that

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:28 pm 

and yes dude, that hit list is expanding...starts with gso..you know who, and works itself over to silver..whatever. then there is nowhere... who hounds every auction I am in, and should be called everywhereman, since he jumps in everywhere. and I agree, justonce..really??sit one out. Marion

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:58 pm 

sunniken wrote:
and yes dude, that hit list is expanding...starts with gso..you know who, and works itself over to silver..whatever. then there is nowhere... who hounds every auction I am in, and should be called everywhereman, since he jumps in everywhere. and I agree, justonce..really??sit one out. Marion

I hear you, justonce is one that is on my list. I didn't realize that he was like that until I looked at one of my auction when I woke up and saw that he jumped me. So believe me, he will know why I'm in every auction he enters. I'm apologizing now for anyone that feels like I jumped your auction it will be because someone that's bidding there is on my list and I'm making it a point that they don't win.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:41 pm 
APA Moderator

Justonce??? hope your not referring to Just1Penny, just wanted to clear the air that im not justonce... I no longer play on dealdash.com but do love to sit and watch their site for hours and hours and look at the madness that is going on there. :D

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:31 am 

No, we are definitely talking about justonce on dead dash. I didn't realize that he was a jumper, but he will realize who he jumped as soon as I'm able to bid again when deal dash lets me. :twisted:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:29 pm 

Wow, I've been given two open slots, before my monthly limits is up. I can't believe it, I can win one item over and under $200.00. I would bite, but I may not because I may not be able to get immediate payback in case someone decides to jump me. Time will tell.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:42 pm 

hi james, seen you participate today while I was at work. It is gonna be different from now on without APA available the way we were used to it. Part of the fun has already gone out of it. Not sure where that leads with me, or with you, I know most everyone on DD, but you never know. Been lazy about school work lately, and still planning the big birthday, so may just watch for awhile. Best of luck to you. Sunniken..and kick some ***, will you...lol

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:15 pm 

sunniken wrote:
hi james, seen you participate today while I was at work. It is gonna be different from now on without APA available the way we were used to it. Part of the fun has already gone out of it. Not sure where that leads with me, or with you, I know most everyone on DD, but you never know. Been lazy about school work lately, and still planning the big birthday, so may just watch for awhile. Best of luck to you. Sunniken..and kick some *, will you...lol

Yeah, I had to teach oblivion1 that he was bidding against the wrong person, so he found out. They only opened two slots and I had locked in bids on two bid packs and and left on an appointment to come find out that one of the bid packs that I thought I locked in didn't lock because I forgot to unlock an iPad auction that I also locked bids on as well, which was my bad. I don't want to bid on any products until next month. So I will be looking for a 600 bid pack. Lol. Sunken you better get to work since you ain't bidding. :lol: Enjoy your day.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:48 pm 

hah..yeah I guess. Looking forward to that suite at the Bellagio, gotta love Las Vegas. You are invited, drop on in :D As to DD, getting harder and harder, not sure if it is worth the cost. I see alot of fairly new people dropping alot of bids, makes it hard to figure out what to bid on.
still fun to watch, though.
Sunniken

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:33 am 

sunniken wrote:
hah..yeah I guess. Looking forward to that suite at the Bellagio, gotta love Las Vegas. You are invited, drop on in :D As to DD, getting harder and harder, not sure if it is worth the cost. I see alot of fairly new people dropping alot of bids, makes it hard to figure out what to bid on.
still fun to watch, though.
Sunniken

Sunniken, they say whats done if Vegas stays in Vegas, try not to overdo it. :D Especially @ the Bellagio, that's doing it with style so when is that happening? As for Deal Dash, its always good to take a break especially after their promotions because a whole new slew of bidders appear. I take breaks quite often, but just remember its always good to observe and research and see who's doing what every month so that you stay abreast when you plan on bidding again.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:18 am 

The 21st....and that saying is only for the tourists, smile. Considering playing blackjack, absolutely not a gambler.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:16 am 

hmm..and since I said I don't gamble. Playing penny auctions without APA running as a second window, you may as well gamble. I always watch the auction I am in live, just to know who is who and where they are at. With the new premium system, which I will not pay for due to its price, that will not be an option any more. Since that reduces the whole business to gambling, I do prefer the Bellagio :D better service, better comps. I got an email from DD about wanting to talk by phone about making it a better place, so to say. Too busy right now to do that, and besides, did send them several emails with my concerns and suggestions. I do appreciate their effort, I just don't see how you can make it better. My one suggestion was to limit a power bidder to one item on the screen at one time (really???you are bidding on both i-pads and the big-screen tv at the same time???). Not sure if that is fair, or even doable. To come back to Vegas, high rollers do get the royal treatment here..it is after all a business. I booked one sweet suite (lovely the way I phrased that) and fully expect, and will, get the royal treatment for that. On the other hand, I can only sit in one chair at a time, just like the person beside me...I may be in the VIP lounge though. So, who knows, maybe there is no level playing field. Being realistic, DD is a business, they seem to be doing well, I did win my share, and in all fairness, it always got delivered promptly. Still, if there is any money left after the birthday....time to burn some people :mrgreen: